The message "more than 1 of the detail folders users non-aggregated items" means that you must have a numerical item using SUM in one folder and using Detail in the other. It could even be the column that you are joining on. Common examples of this are Sales Order Numbers and Line Numbers. If these are defined as numbers, as opposed to VARCHARs, by default Discoverer will apply a mathematical aggregator to these. This could be SUM or it could be Detail depending upon what you chose as the default when you created the business area.
However, later on you may have added a new folder and inadvertently assigned the other aggregator. So, what can you do? Well, there are two ways of handling this. You could go through and change the aggregator so that they align but to me this is still wrong if the data is something like a Sales Order or Line Number. For these, you need to change the Default Position to one of Top, Page, Side or Top or Side. Basically you want it to be defined as anything other than Data Point.
To check the above, use this workflow:
1. Launch Discoverer Administrator
2. Open the business area in question
3. Open one of the folders
4. Look at your items, particularly those with a little calculator icon alongside, and right-click on the item
5. From the pop up menu, select Properties
6. In the Item Properties dialog box, look at the current setting for the property called Default Position
7. If this setting is wrong, click in the cell and select the appropriate setting - I usually select Top or Side
8. Click Apply
9. Go back to step 4 and repeat steps 4 to 9 until you have checked all of the items
10. Click OK to close the Item Properties dialog box
11. See if you can now create the join
Discoverer will create an outer join if the column you are joining can have null values. Basically if there is no database constraint defined matching up the columns Discoverer will assume that the columns can be null, therefore creating an outer join.
I will be posting some more very interesting Discoverer snippets and tricks in the coming weeks so stay tuned. In the meanwhile, if you have a question or trick that you would like to see published, drop me a line at email@example.com
Battle in India for e-commerce market leadership is no longer between just Amazon and Flipkart - Amazon Launches Prime Music in India. What It Means for the Indian e-commerce Market O n a day when it was reported that the online streaming music app Ga...
4 months ago